[FFmpeg-user] ffserver HTTP stream playback freeze

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Fri Dec 20 08:12:29 CET 2013

Le decadi 30 frimaire, an CCXXII, Stefano Sabatini a écrit :
> Works fine in my internal network and in an external one, freeze
> issues observed in two external networks. TCP debugging with wireshark
> shows that the freeze occurrs just after a TCP ZeroWindow event on the
> client side, then for some reasons the server stops to react and won't
> send new packets.

You mean: the client sends ZeroWindow to the server and the server stops
reacting? At a wild guess, I would say that ZeroWindow will cause a system
call to block on the server instead of succeeding immediately, and that
could be handled wrong in ffserver code: the socket could be in non-blocking
mode, the system call returns EAGAIN, and ffserver treats it partially as a
permanent error.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George