[FFmpeg-user] Segfault in mpdecimate filter when using ssse3/mmx extensions

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:18:23 CET 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Ed Torbett
<ed.torbett at simulation-systems.co.uk> wrote:
> Segfault doesn't happen with --disable-sse2.
>
> This puts the segfault firmly in the SSE2 section of dsputilenc_mmx.c.
>
> Assembler is voodoo to me so I'm going to have to leave this for someone else to decode. Should I file this as a bug?

I think Carl suggested this, but any chance of trying with a more up
to date toolchain? gcc 4.1 is not exactly the most up to date
compiler, almost certainly if there is a bug, it is a bug in gcc that
will have been fixed in a later version of gcc.

I have no knowledge of CentOS 5.7, but it appears there is a
contributed devtools package for CentOS 5 that would give you a modern
toolchain (gcc 4.7, modern binutils, modern gdb, modern valgrind) that
installs to /opt.

http://people.centos.org/~tru/devtools-1.1/readme

Cheers

Tom