[FFmpeg-user] jpeg2000/libopenjpeg lossless?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed Dec 18 00:37:10 CET 2013

On 12/17/2013 11:50 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Peter B. <pb <at> das-werkstatt.com> writes:
>
>> $ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i mandelbrot -pix_fmt yuv422p
>> -c:v libopenjpeg -f nut - | ffplay -
> As said, this needs --disable-decoder=jpeg2000 or
> -vcodec libopenjpeg.
>
> If there is anything unclear in my last mail (except
> me preferring the old syntax), please tell me!

For me it was indeed unclear. Sorry :)
You say it needs "--disable-decoder=jpeg2000" *OR* "-vcodec libopenjpeg".

So I assumed that if I should use "-vcodec libopenjpeg" as encoding
parameter, which I thought is equivalent to "-vcodec libopenjpeg".
However, I now added "-vcodec libopenjpeg" to the decoding side of ffplay:

$ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc -pix_fmt yuv422p -vcodec libopenjpeg
-qscale:v 0 -f nut - | ffplay -vcodec libopenjpeg -

Then I figured that "--disable-decoder=jpeg2000" was a configure flag.
So I recompiled ffmpeg with this switch.
With that build I don't need to supply "-vcodec libopenjpeg" to ffplay
and Dave's commandline works correctly.

Both options indeed display the video correctly :)

Thanks, and sorry for the misunderstanding,
Pb