[FFmpeg-user] Recording audio to FLAC on Mac OS X

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Wed Dec 4 12:10:48 CET 2013

ffmpeg -codecs | grep -i flac
returns
  DEA..S flac                 FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)

so there is a flac encoder, and thus ffmpeg should be able to produce a
flac "recording" if the signal can be gotten to ffmpeg in the first place.

ffmpeg -i ....... -acodec flac out.flac

???

Getting the audio to fdfmpeg, i e what to give as argument to  "-i", I
suppose, is better answered by Mr. Hoyos.