[FFmpeg-user] Recording audio to FLAC on Mac OS X

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Wed Dec 4 12:05:15 CET 2013

Taking the OBVIOUS interpretation as gospel, I'd say Charlie means using
audio input to a computer (the microphone input, or some other audio
device) and somehow managing to send that as a stream to ffmpeg and have
ffmpeg save the data stream as a flac file.

Two parts; first send a stream of data from audio input to ffmpeg, and
second have ffmpeg save it as flac.

I suppose at least the second one could be answered w/o needing to know
more. Or else one could possibly dream up a clarification question to
assist the writer in getting his thought process in better order, if the
original question is partly confusing or unclear.
All with a goal of bringing us all forward, towards better knowledge and
clearer understanding.

Which, I suppose, is the actual reason for the existence of a mailing
list such as ffmpeg-user.....

Just my 3 bits per 15 minutes watermark....