[FFmpeg-user] building the latest stable release (2.1.1) on windows 8 x64 with cygwin

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Dec 3 14:06:06 CET 2013

Arturo Rinaldi <arty.net2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I need your help to figure out the correct steps
> of building the latest stable release of ffmpeg on
> windows 8 x64 and CYGWIN.

Please understand that there is nothing "stable" about
FFmpeg releases (or, more exactly, nothing "unstable"
about current git head), releases are simply snapshots
for distributors.
Is the problem reproducible with "./configure && make ffmpeg"?
Does "ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc out.png" produce a file
out.png (is only the console output missing)?

At least the following options are useless in your configure
line (from a quick look):
--enable-static
--enable-pthreads
--enable-bzlib
--enable-iconv
--enable-zlib
--disable-shared
--arch=x86_64

Most people agree that the quality of libvo-aac is worse
than the native aac encoder.

Why do you need --enable-nonfree ?
(I may miss something.)

Some of the external libraries that you include are very
rarely needed.