[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg mp4 decoding does not work for all systems

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Fri Aug 30 10:03:48 CEST 2013

* Gunnar Schulze on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 20:40:14 +0200
> I have a problem and I need your help:
>
> I use FFmpeg to convert a set of images to video files of different
> size and format (for details see below). Unfortunately, FFmpeg
> produces mp4 decoded files that seem to differ from mp4 video files
> from other sources (w3schools tutorial videos): on some plattforms (an
> older Android mobile phone and a Win7 PC), the FFmpeg-encoded videos
> are not shown in the browser.
>
> I suppose the error is within my usage of the FFmpeg command line
> arguments. Maybe I have to add an audio codec although I do not need
> sound for the videos.
>
> I collected all details of the problem like the exact command line and
> the video results on my website:
>
> http://www.trinckle.com/videotest.php

http://www.trinckle.com/videotest/small.mp4 is at h.264 high
profile.

You need at least -profile:v baseline and depending on the video
also -x264opts ref=1

--
  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]