[FFmpeg-user] Using ffmpeg to remove commercials from video file

jlundstocholm j+ffmpeg at lundstocholm.dk
Mon Aug 19 20:26:32 CEST 2013

Hi Werner,

Thanks for your reply.

> Where is your script?

My bad - I meant "configuration of ffmpeg" - for now I'm doing it by hand.

> -to does not take a duration – it takes the timestamp of where you would
> like encoding to end. This is exactly the option you need.

Yes, the manual tells me:

/-to time_stop       record or transcode stop time/

But can you explain to me why the to-switches I applied to ffmpeg behaves
like a duration? ffmpeg produces 5 files to me - with the lengths

00:15:18
00:18:58
00:16:12
00:18:44
00:18:08

It sure behaves like a duration, but of course I might be using ffmpeg
wrongly ... it is certainly an option.

Thanks,

/Jesper
Copenhagen, Denmark