[FFmpeg-user] mp4 generate moov atom at beginning of recording

simon mares simon.mares at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 04:04:32 CEST 2013

Hello, is it possible to generate a pre-defined moov atom for fixed
lenght of fe. 8 hours with use of
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#MOV_002fMP4_002fISMV arguments? Video
would never be seeked beyond the real duration, as I would not allow.

Reason for doing this is that I'm experimenting with something and I
would like to playback the file that I'm still recording, so it's kind
of a live-streaming, but it's only used locally. As I'm only transcoding
from .ts to .mp4 file no CPU is used, this is also my goal.

Codec is h264, 720p, 25pfs. Video is generated with blackmagic pro-recorder.

Any help or tip is highly appreciable!

Simon