[FFmpeg-user] Problem with Select Filter

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 9 16:36:33 CEST 2013

>The above command is missing "-vf", is this true?

Yes.  I forgot to type -vf when writing the email.  I did use -vf when running ffmpeg.

>Perhaps pts are wrong. For simple cut you can use trim & atrim filters.

Can I do multiple cuts with trim and atrim?  Can I get rid of multiple
commercials, for example, from the same file?

Also, the problem doesn't occur if I set -noaudio in the mencoder step (again,
for Carl, I'm only using mencoder to do the mpeg4 encoding because my ffmpeg
encoder commands don't work).  When I set -noaudio when doing mencoder,
the file plays fine, and there are no pauses when I skip forward.  So, seems the
problem is with the ffmpeg aselect filter, right?  Am I setting the parameters
correct?  Thank you.