[FFmpeg-user] Inaccurate trimming with re-encoding

Mark Himsley mark.himsley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 22:14:35 CEST 2013

I said "The square brackets around the decimal parts of seconds is to
indicate to you that they are optional."

What I mean is, the format is HH:MM:SS[.ms], so you can specify 01:02:03
for hours, minutes and seconds, or 01:02:03.48 for hours minutes, seconds
and decimal parts of seconds.

You said your command was "ffmpeg -t 30 -i GOPR0103.mp4 -vcodec libx264
–threads 0 -preset ultrafast
-an -y -ss 00:03:09[.606] Run041_UW1.avi"

I said "Remove the square brackets from your command."

What I mean is, try your command as:

ffmpeg -t 30 -i GOPR0103.mp4 -vcodec libx264 –threads 0 -preset ultrafast
-an -y -ss 00:03:09.606 Run041_UW1.avi

See. No square brackets.

On 5 August 2013 15:03, cmharwood89 <cmharwoo at umich.edu> wrote:

> Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? Do you mean to include the
> milliseconds, but without the square brackets? I thought you were
> suggesting
> to truncate the time down to HH:MM:SS format.
>

> --

Mark Himsley