[FFmpeg-user] Inaccurate trimming with re-encoding

cmharwood89 cmharwoo at umich.edu
Mon Aug 5 15:50:20 CEST 2013

@thljcl - Yes, I'm cutting a section from a longer video. I have an camera
running continuously during physics experiments and I need to segment the
master video into individual movies for each experimental condition.

@Mark Himsley - I know that the square brackets are optional, but I need the
millisecond resolution to precisely locate the frame I want. I need to cut
the video at exactly the frame where an LED turns on. From my reading, it
looks like there's not a way to specify a cutting point by frame number, so
the HH:MM:SS[.ms] format is the only way to get the precision I need.