[FFmpeg-user] uyvy422 psuedo 10-bit?

Bob Maple bobm-ffmpeg at burner.com
Thu Aug 1 22:20:08 CEST 2013

On 8/1/2013 12:58 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Could you elaborate?
> No matter how busted they are, it would be interesting to
> completely support them...

Well, Media Composer has an export function called 'Same as Source'
where they jam whatever they want into a Quicktime wrapper.  The 'Avid
Packed' Quicktime codecs for Windows/MacOS are really only meant for
decoding these files, not encoding them, and all the tests I was making
were starting through Quicktime and weren't actually 10-bit data
(although the file sizes looked like they were 10-bit if you did the
math. Nice and confusing.)

So, I need to do some more investigation first to get some actual 10-bit
images in there, and then see if ffmpeg still reads it as 8bit or not.
I'll report back when I have a moment to do some more testing.

Thanks!

Bob