[FFmpeg-user] libavcodec adts/aac decoder

nisar nisar.med at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 14:58:58 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to decode adts/aac packets using libavcodec. the input format is
sample rate: 48000
2 channels
256kb/sec

Each packet I send for decode is around 684 bytes long and the first packet
is usually 20 bytes long.

The decoded packet is around 8192 bytes and sample output format is
AV_SAMPLE_FMT_FLTP. When I send this data for playout using SDL I can hear
noise in the output

SDL_AudioSpec desiredSpec;

    desiredSpec.freq = 48000;
    desiredSpec.format = AUDIO_F32SYS;
    desiredSpec.channels = 2;
    desiredSpec.samples = 2048;
    desiredSpec.callback = audio_callback;
    desiredSpec.userdata = this;

I need to know why am I getting noise in the sound output and how to fix it.

Thanks
Nisar