[FFmpeg-user] REAL TIME TRANDSCODING

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 30 16:07:02 CEST 2013

Todd Poole <tpoole <at> mail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to transcode ts to mp4 in real time
> (on the fly) with ffmeg. If so can I get an example?

FFmpeg is not a time-triggered real-time operating
system and there is therefore no garantuee for any
defined performance, but depending on your hardware,
you will certainly find a combination of resolution,
frame rate, encoding complexity and threading usage
that fits your needs.

(Note that "transcode ts to mp4" is not nearly a
sufficient explanation for what you want.)