[FFmpeg-user] 500 Internal Server Error

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 30 15:01:49 CEST 2013

Am 30.04.2013 14:55, schrieb Trupti Thakkar:
> However , i need this functionality while adding video from my CMS , so to
> create cron -job here not possible and also not useful and right thing

then your cms is broken by design

been there, done that, doing it as daily business
it's easy to submit task-lists and file-uploads which are
proceeded by cron-scripts without open security leaks
on the webserver

> So , i need to write shell_exec() in php code only , and as soon as this
> code run , i redirect this page to one my file on  server

this idea is broken by design
even if it would work basically you will run in timeouts
on the webserver if the ffmpeg-process takes longer

> But, the problem is shell_exec() command working well , it creating all
> required things , and after that it redirect to 500Internal Server Error.
> Also note that, i am using Hostgator Shared Server (Window server).
> Also , note that this issue is not happening on Linux Hostgator Server.

this issue has clearly nothing to do with ffmpeg

ask the support of Hostgator
ask in specific mailing-lists for PHP on windows

if this is a shared-server and shell_exec() would work
the admin of your hoster should be fired as the one
from a linux machine which allows shell_exec fro httpd

any sane php-setup for a webserver has this config:
disable_functions "popen, pclose, exec, passthru, shell_exec, system, proc_open, proc_close, proc_nice,
proc_terminate, proc_get_status, pcntl_exec, apache_child_terminate, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid,
posix_setsid, posix_setuid, mail, symlink, link"