[FFmpeg-user] Can the rtmp stream published by Flash Media Encoder be read by ffmpeg?

jacky renaux.jacky at orange.fr
Mon Apr 29 08:43:03 CEST 2013

Le 28/04/2013 18:15, Robert Reinhardt a écrit :
> FMLE can connect to any RTMP-enabled server; I'm not sure why you're having
> problems with Red5 specifically. The most popular RTMP-enabled server by
> far is Wowza Media Server
> (www.wowza.com<https://owa.themakers.com/owa/robert@videorx.com/14.1.438.0/scripts/premium/redir.aspx?C=fed1a175b58349aaa5025cf832082548&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wowza.com>);
> like Red5, it's Java based, but the Wowza community is excellent. I use
> Wowza with most of my clients, and I built videoRx.com streaming on top of
> Wowza. (I have a long history with Flash-based video; wrote the Flash
> Bible, ActionScript Bible, and web video books.)
>
> I'd recommend installing the latest developer version of Wowza (free).
>
> Best,
>
> Robert
> --
> Robert Reinhardt
> http://linkedin.com/in/adaptivestreaming<https://owa.themakers.com/owa/robert@videorx.com/14.1.438.0/scripts/premium/redir.aspx?C=fed1a175b58349aaa5025cf832082548&URL=http%3a%2f%2flinkedin.com%2fin%2fadaptivestreaming>
> videoRx.com

Hi
I am doing quite the same without any problem
-FMLE 3 and red5 0.9 rc1

    on FMLE :

        fms url : rtmp://my_ip/oflaDemo
        stream : channel1           as you want

    on player
              add   = rtmp://my_ip/oflaDemo
              $file  = channel1           same as above

then I can get the stream sent by FMLE and there is no problem to read
with ffmpeg (-i rtmp://my_ip/oflaDemo/$file)
I havent yet found the way to have red5 recording while streaming, but
FMLE is doing so

regards
jacky