[FFmpeg-user] [FFmpeg-devel] question: Hi, I want to ask a question about capture audio from audio card

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sun Apr 28 09:49:03 CEST 2013

On 04/28/2013 09:28 AM, Wei Gao wrote:
> I want to capture audio from audio card, not from mic, the data is the
> output audio from audio card
>
> Funman has told me to use asla to capture on linux in mirc, how can I
> capture on windows?

If I understood you correctly, you'd like to record the output of your
soundcard, right?

Although this ain't an ffmpeg-question (because that's about general
sound-recording settings on your OS), here are some quick infos about
how you could achieve this:

1) Depending on your soundcard, you might be able to record the output
signal internally
For example: SoundBlaster cards had this option called "What U Hear"
(See HowTo: [1]).
If not, then you'll have to wire the output (green jack) of your card to
the line-in (blue jack).

2) Set the line-in as input source.

3) Playback & record.

Good luck.