[FFmpeg-user] HTML5 live streaming

Pavel Koshevoy pkoshevoy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 05:40:32 CEST 2013

On 4/21/13 9:11 PM, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:
> Alright...
>
> but back to my original question. I got the ffmpeg segmenter to work. I can
> playback via VLC.
>
> But it still does not work for HTML5 <video> tag. I keep getting "cannot
> decode" in iPad.

Try opening the m3u8 URL directly in Safari, without embedding it in an
web page in <video> tag.  That, at least, should work on iOS devices.
What leads you to believe that <video> tag supports apple adaptive
streaming anyway?

As far as I know with <video> tag you can only reasonably expect
non-fragmented mp4 files and webm files to work (mp4s in Chrome, IE9+,
Safari, webm in Chrome and Firefox).  Also, make sure the mp4s are h264
with YUV in 16-236 spec (not full swing), otherwise Chrome won't play it.

     Pavel.