[FFmpeg-user] How can I use the fieldmatch filter to detelecine?

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 22 01:15:09 CEST 2013

On 4/20/13 5:51 AM, "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> I get a crash. Seems to be mpdecimate:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i /sample.mpg -vf mpdecimate -r 24000/1001
>> -qscale 2 /sample.avi
>
>> Segmentation fault: 11

Thanks, Carl Eugen. I tried it on a couple of excerpts. This brings to
mind the message you left on the MEncoder list about not needing to
specifically enable the fieldmatch filter in build configuration, which
apparently was necessary for me. My ffmpeg is the ancillary configuration
provided by the MPlayer build process. Should I be building my ffmpeg a
better way?

Also, when I applied the "interlace,fieldmatchŠ" filtergraph to the
conversion of a longer video 720p passage, sync and frames were fine, but
I still got intermittent blocks (pixelization), so I'm still looking for a
solution to that. Thanks again.

Laine Lee