[FFmpeg-user] reduce laltency when streaming udp multicast

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 16 11:26:30 CEST 2013

Jacobs <jacobhameiri <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am streaming a raw rgb live video via multicast
> using mpegts, currently I have a 1-2 seconds delay
> what can I do to reduce this delay ?

> /bin/ffmpeg -an -f rawvideo -vcodec rawvideo
> -s 800x1280 -pix_fmt rgba -r 9 -i -

It is possible that -probesize and -analyzeduration
help for your problem (I don't know).

> -vcodec mpeg4 -preset ultrafast -tune zerolatency

ultrafast and zerolatency have no effect on mpeg4
encoding.

Unrelated:
Some of your configure flags are default flags and
have no effect:
--disable-shared
--enable-static
--enable-hwaccels
--enable-ffserver
--enable-pthreads

That makes me wonder why you are using these options:
--enable-version3
-mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -mfpu=vfpv3-d16