[FFmpeg-user] LFE channel + 10dB

Wiebe Cazemier wiebe at halfgaar.net
Sun Apr 14 10:56:13 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> I can tell you that the ALSA driver doesn't apply this boost to its
> .1 output (For my Audigy 2 ZS), because testfile [1] plays
> significantly louder when addressing the subwoofer.
>
> [1] http://www.halfgaar.net/media/chan-id.zip

Sorry, I was typing this when I was talking; that never works.

I forgot to add that currently, my ALSA mixer is set so that LFE is 10 dB louder, and then that test-file plays its LFE track louder (play with 'aplay -D surround51). If I set all channels equal in the mixer, all is equally loud.

So, the driver leaves things alone, as it should.

Now to find a proper test file, because this one is not played correctly by Mplayer (channel mapping is weird), and it's not AC-3, DTS, AAC, which is what I wanted to test.