[FFmpeg-user] saving HLS stream onto S3 and CF challenge

Vlad Kroutik vkroutik at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 17:26:17 CEST 2013

Hello,

We are trying to use ffmpeg to save HLS stream into S3 bucket and then
pick it up from CF. We have a few issues, maybe someone has a better
solution:

Here is a command line to capture a stream:
C:\Dev\Tools\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -re  -i
"http://X.X.X.X:1935/live/playlist.m3u8" -codec copy -y
"v:\mylist\mylist.m3u8"

It works, BUT chunks only 5 seconds long, and if origin starters, then
chunks do it as well. we also would like to record that stream, I
guess so user can rewind if needed, anyway to do it with the same
command line without writing all the code?

Thank you for recommendation on best practice here.