[FFmpeg-user] "fps 2997 is too large" - creates mov with bad public atom (error -2002

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 3 11:42:16 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Steve C <natgeo.operations at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Could you test if 9362f31 and c071b00 also fail?
>>
>> Sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to -
>> are "9362f31" and "c071b00"   different builds of FFMPEG?
>

> Sorry, I have not been able to find any references to "9362f31" and
> "c071b00" that you mention.
> I'm not that familiar with building software or using Git, so if
> anyone else already has these versions
> or knows how I can obtain them, I would appreciate the help.

Presumably you have a git checkout of ffmpeg you are building from?
>From the command line, simply go the ffmpeg folder, and type "git
checkout 9362f31". This will update your version of ffmpeg to that
revision. You can then rebuild ffmpeg (remember to clean first) and
test to see if that version works.

Repeat the process for the c071b00 revision. To go back to the tip,
'git checkout HEAD'.

Cheers

Tom