[FFmpeg-user] Fwd: "Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream" - how to assign channels? (FL+FR+FC+LFE+BL+BR)

Steve C natgeo.operations at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 12:57:11 CEST 2013

> How are 16 channels supposed to match any eight
> channel channel layout?

the files have two different 8 channel mixes -

Streams 1 thru 8   = 5.1+2  Full Mix
Streams 9 thru 16 = 5.1+2  MDE Mix (Music, Dialogue, and Effects)

The first mix is used for domestic versions, the second mix is used
for international version
where the show needs to be re-voiced with a local narrators voice.

do you think there is some way to apply the -channel_layout twice, so
to cover all 16 tracks?

if no, is there some way to prevent FFMPEG from guessing the channel
layout and making
all channels  "Channel positions : Front: C"

In the event that I cannot correctly assign a layout to all 16, I
would prefer that there was no layout information at all.

thanks

Steve