[FFmpeg-user] optimized bitrate

Gabri Nurtinaz Shally gabri.ns at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:38:47 CEST 2012

On Sep 25, 2012 3:58 PM, "Hugo Wau" <hugowau at gmx.net> wrote:

> Thanks Carl Eugen and Bob,
>
> I noticed some audio distortion right after starting the video or
directly after jumping to a certain place, using VLC-player for playback in
those videos, to which I had applied the "-b 5000k" option. This distortion
did not appear in those videos to which I had applied the "-qcomp" option.
Now I think, that i have to play around with the -vb option if this only
applies to the video-bitrate, since I do not want the audio quality to be
reduced or affected in any way at all.

may be you would interested to read this
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4.html it is an
mencoder guide, but it will give you an insight about how important it is
to use two pass when you want to efficienly use every bit when you
constrained with storage space.