[FFmpeg-user] Problems to rescale video for a specific hardware (Beaglebone)

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Mon Sep 24 05:03:19 CEST 2012

Hi Carl

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> [12-09-24 04:34]:
>  <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
> > With only a little stuttering using
> >
> >     mplayer -vo x11 Video.mpg
>
> Is there no other vo working for this hardware?
> x11 does not support hardware scaling and does not
> allow a decent playback performance.

No currently not. I am trying to setup the kernel, which
needs some internal patching, to support TIs firmware blob
and the adapted dss2/omaplfb drivers, but....that will
take time.

I know that -vo x11 is not the way to go, which drives me back to
my initial question:

 How can I rescale the video, that it is no longer anamorphic and the
 pixels are square (equal length for x and y)?

> > it is possible to play the video.
> >
> > But: The video does not fit onto the screen and has the wrong aspect
> > ration... "egghead syndrome"...
> >
> > (I currently have no ffmpeg combo on the Beaglebone available since it
> > does not compile natively on it due to too less memory).
>
> It should be easy to disable some features that you don't need.

  I didnt run more than the kernel and its modules and a console.
  It was the first step I tried....

> [...]
>
> > I also tried to use "-setdar 16:9" which is documented
>
> where?
>
> > on the net

 on the net

> but not accepted by my ffmpeg.
>
> (Command line and complete, uncut console output missing.)
>
> Please see http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#setdar_002c-setsar
> All filters need -vf filtername=value

  I will try it again and post the results here.

  Will this option results in the solution for my problems?
  (See question above).