[FFmpeg-user] Syntax for merging + positioning two video streams in .mp4 container

David Favor david at davidfavor.com
Fri Sep 21 02:09:01 CEST 2012

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> David Favor <david <at> davidfavor.com> writes:
>
>> It appears .mp4 containers allow for positioning information
>> of multiple video streams.
>
> You may be wrong here;-)
> (mov != mp4)
>
>> My goal is to do -vcodec copy with two video streams, where
>> the 2nd stream is positioned to the right of the first one,
>> creating a "side by side" video.
>
> This is not currently possible with FFmpeg.
>
> Assuming you were the one uploading the Skype sample:
> Did you already try to find out which mov atom
> allows QuickTime to understand it should place
> the video streams side-by-side?
>
> Carl Eugen

Very good question... Must be some sort of mov atom
doing this, so makes no difference what syntax I use
with ffmpeg... the atom will be stripped and the
positioning info lost.

I'll see if I can figure this out.

What a great feature for ffmpeg to have...

Thanks for the idea.

If you have a preference for a tool that dumps
atoms and adds atoms, pass it along.

--
Love feeling your best ever, all day, every day?
Click http://RadicalHealth.com for the easy way!