[FFmpeg-user] Static compilation on Mac OS X

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Sep 18 10:02:02 CEST 2012

Andrey Derevyagin <2derand <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ./configure  --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree
> --disable-shared

> --enable-static

This means "compile all FFmpeg libraries as static libraries",
not "add -static to the linking options" which I believe
would fail anyway, but please test --extra-ldflags=-static.

(And since --disable-shared --enable-static is default, you
may safely omit it.)

[...]

> I think the x264 library not linked inside ffmpeg file.
> Can I somehow fix it without installation x264 library
> to my second mac?

(Assuming there is a libx264.a file)
Remove the libx264.dylib file (temporarily) from your build system.