[FFmpeg-user] How to Decode h264 Video Stream?

Andy Civil andycivil at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:26:50 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-14 12:12 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Friday 2012-09-14 08:00:51 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos encoded:
>> Myth<286166657<at>  qq.com>  writes:
>>
>>> I want to decode an h264 video stream.
>>
>> What do you want to do with your decoded stream?
>
> Why do you want to know what he wants to do with his decoded stream?

Obviously because any video has to be coded *somehow* - so to ask about decoding
h264 by itself is meaningless unless you just want the warm feeling of knowing
that it's there in your computer's memory somewhere. I'm sure Carl is waiting to
volunteer a simple command line to do this decoding, but wants to know how the
OP would like his video presented to him, in order to choose a suitable output
format.

:-)

--
Andy