[FFmpeg-user] Is there a video or audio file can't be seekable or can't get it's duration?

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:28:35 CEST 2012

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 07:12:05 -0600
Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Three quesiton:
> > 1, Is there a video or audio file can't be seekable and can't get
> > it's duration?
> > 2, Is there a video or audio file can be seekable but we can't get
> > it's duration ?
> > 3, Is there a video or audio file we can get it's duration but
> > can't be seekable?
>
> Probably to all 3. Why don't you try a few files and find out... :)
> -r

Sorry, I am writing a script try to deal with all kinds of videos or
audios, I need to know which kind of files we can't get it's duration
before play it really or can't be seekable or both. I have no these
kinds of sample files, so I can't try them really.

Anyone has these kinds of files? Can you provide them to me?

Thanks.