[FFmpeg-user] How to find the last working GIT version?

Dennis Volodomanov volodomanov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 01:15:13 CEST 2012

On 12/09/2012 9:03 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> git log -p 3e1cf49 shows you the change in commit 3e1cf49
> (a version that you know is bad) and all prior commits, the
> first commit before 3e1cf49 is 2107009 that as you know is a
> good version, so you only have to revert the one line from
> commit 3e1cf49 but none of the (several ten-thousand)
> earlier commits.
>
> I hope this clears it up, if not, try to remove
> "&& has_decode_delay_been_guessed(st)" from
> compute_pkt_fields() in libavformat/utils.c

Ah, ok. I was confused by the huge amount of output of that git log
command. I'll need to study it closer to see how you found that
offending line in the first place.

Thank you for the hint - I'll try and remove that and see if it makes a
difference (I guess it does, since that's the offending line).

    Dennis