[FFmpeg-user] How to find the last working GIT version?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Sep 10 09:35:31 CEST 2012

Dennis Volodomanov <volodomanov <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I've got a problem with FFmpeg remuxing MKV to MPEG-TS
> (video mux, audio recode or drop, doesn't matter) and I
> have the last working build from around N-43161-g31d8261.
> Shortly after (a few days or a couple of week at most)
> that it stopped muxing properly. What I mean by that is
> that video freezes a few seconds into certain videos
> (not all) and then skips further to another frozen
> frame and so on.

Command line and complete, uncut console output missing.
(We are very interested in such bug reports and while I
appreciate it if you do the bisecting, you may not have
enough time to do it and I will probably be faster.)
A sample might be needed too.

[...]

> Also, how can I look at changes between two builds
> (in source) to see if I can spot it myself?

git log -p version

> Which files should I concentrate on comparing?

Do not concentrate on files, git bisect will tell you
the responsible change.