[FFmpeg-user] How to find the last working GIT version?

Dennis Volodomanov volodomanov at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 02:02:29 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I've got a problem with FFmpeg remuxing MKV to MPEG-TS (video mux, audio
recode or drop, doesn't matter) and I have the last working build from
around N-43161-g31d8261. Shortly after (a few days or a couple of week
at most) that it stopped muxing properly. What I mean by that is that
video freezes a few seconds into certain videos (not all) and then skips
further to another frozen frame and so on.

I'd like to try and narrow it down by getting each consecutive day after
that last-known working build and building to see when it starts to
break. Can you please supply a git command line to do that?

Also, how can I look at changes between two builds (in source) to see if
I can spot it myself?

Which files should I concentrate on comparing?

Thanks!

    Dennis