[FFmpeg-user] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Handling uyvy files has changed.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Sep 3 23:49:50 CEST 2012

Tim Nicholson <nichot20 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> As the parameters were in a script (to avoid inconsistencies due to
> typos) ;) I know it wasn't a one off, but to be honest as its working
> now I am more curious as to why the 4CC lists the vectors in the wrong
> order compared to the way they are packed, it seems a tad inconsistent!

(I may be wrong but I suspect you just found out how 4CCs are
defined.)
I just tested (again) to encode uyvy422 rawvideo to mov using
current git head and an ancient version: In both cases, it worked
as expected with -vtag 2vuy and did not work without -vtag.

Please understand that FFmpeg developers are generally very
interested in regressions, but I cannot reproduce a regression
in this case and I especially can't imagine one so far.
If there really is a regression, please provide command line and
complete, uncut console output for a revision that I can checkout.