[FFmpeg-user] [Bulk] Re: Handling uyvy files has changed.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Sep 3 17:51:20 CEST 2012

Tim Nicholson <nichot20 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> On 25/08/12 06:45, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Tim Nicholson <nichot20 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> >
> >>     Stream #0:0: Video: rawvideo (raw  / 0x20776172), uyvy422,
> >
> > This also writes " raw" so it is hard to believe that the
> > output file works any better...
> >
> > Could you try -vtag 2vuy ?
>
> OK it works with this setting (on an updated git HEAD), but
> not with my original, or with no vtag set at all.
>
> Must just have been fortuitous that it worked before....
>
> > (I am still convinced that this is just a typo on your side,

The version you posted had local patches (at least I can't
checkout the version here), I believed that I looked again at
this issue after my last post, and it seems completely
impossible to me that this has ever worked the way I understand
your posts. Note the "raw " above that simply means that no
software has any chance to guess what you stored in your file.