[FFmpeg-user] Soft subtitle ('sbtl') track size and position

jogga jogga at bitfield.se
Wed Oct 31 11:03:14 CET 2012

Hi all,

I would like to have some suggestions on how to position a soft subtitle
track, or pin it to the bottom of the movie. This is the command line I'm
using:

ffmpeg -y -i somemovie.mov -i somesubtitle.srt -metadata:s:s:0 language=swe
-scodec mov_text -acodec copy -s 640x360 -s:s:0 640x80 -vf:s:s:0 -vcodec
libx264 -vpre ipod640 -crf 20 -threads 0 someoutput.m4v

As you can see I'm setting the height of the subtitle track to 80, otherwise
it will fill the entire screen in players based on QuickTime. Players based
on Apple's AVFoundation works fine and they don't care about the size and
position of the subtitle track. But I need to support those QuickTime
Players.

So, do you have any idea on how I would pin/move/position the subtitle track
to the bottom of the movie. Now it's pinned to the top.

/ Jörgen