[FFmpeg-user] bad performance when streaming udp from png image2pipe source

Jacobs jacobhameiri at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:34:49 CET 2012

Still no luck, I will try to better explain my problem.

I have a process that captures the screen ( screencap on android, fb0 cannot
be used ) and writes the captured data as png to std output.

I want to create a video stream using this process with ffmpeg and broadcast
the screen to many devices via multicast.

I created a script that runs the screencap process in a loop and writes the
output to a fifo file ( the write frame rate is about 1.5 fps). and while
this process is writing to fifo ffmpeg reads from the fifo file and streams
the images as a video.

with -f image2pipe -vcodec png options I managed to read the images but.
ffplay starts playing the stream only after a few minutes and then also with
a lot of lagging.

this is the ffplay output for : ffplay.exe udp://127.0.0.1:1234

http://pastebin.com/n8uLxgpR