[FFmpeg-user] output file numbering ubuntu ffmpeg

Krämer, Patrick patrick.kraemer at student.kit.edu
Wed Oct 31 00:49:22 CET 2012

Hello,
I have a problem calling ffmpeg out of the command line in terminal in ubuntu.

I want to have a continuous numbering of my output files and so far I used:

ffmpeg    -i   movie.mp4       %06d.png

This numbering starts with 000001.png, 000002.png, ....
But now I want to be able to start at any number like
000123.png.

Is there any possibility to start at a special number out of the command line?
Something like ($nbr+%06d).png (I already tried this, it does not work!! ;)
I really appreciate your help!

Best wishes Patrick