[FFmpeg-user] "error, non monotone timestamps"

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Oct 29 23:51:19 CET 2012

Zarathustra <leelacade <at> centurylink.net> writes:

> There are several bugs in ffmpeg relating to straight
> copying.  There are many times when it could simply use
> the existing parameters for the output but instead
> substitutes inane values, then errors.  Lazy groidism is
> rampant.

Fortunately, I don't understand the last sentence ;-)

Seriously: Sending an answer to a 30-months old mailing list
thread is rarely a good idea, and given that at least
dozens of "straight copying" bugs were fixed since (most
of the remaining issues simply need "-fflags +genpts"),
you should really provide your failing command line
together with complete, uncut console output and
sample, maybe we can help you.