[FFmpeg-user] Question about concat protocol

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Oct 29 20:17:51 CET 2012

Le septidi 7 brumaire, an CCXXI, Dennis Volodomanov a écrit :
> Yes, in one of my first posts on this issue, I said that using the
> concat protocol works, but it doesn't work in other cases (e.g. when
> stream indexes are not the same between files or if I need to change
> the output fps or the aspect ratio).

Can you explain how you come with these file that are sometimes obviously
split at the format level and sometimes not?

>					I was trying to find a
> semi-automatic solution where I could use the concat filter and it
> does work in most cases I've tried, so it's not too bad. Perhaps
> I'll just have two solutions - one with a filter for complex cases
> and another with the protocol for simple ones.

I believe this is the right solution: use the concat protocol to concatenate
the files that are actually the same together, and use the concat filter to
concatenate the resulting groups of files while mapping streams correctly.

Knowing how these files where produced in the first place would help
determine if this can be automated.

> Yes, sorry - I thought I deleted all the replies below...

No problem.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George