[FFmpeg-user] joining avchd files

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:51:41 CET 2012

On 10/29/2012 04:17 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le septidi 7 brumaire, an CCXXI, sean darcy a écrit :
>> A 90 minutes school play generates about 4 MTS files. If I "cat"
>> them. the audio sync keeps getting worse and worse.
>
> Can you be more accurate? Does the sync becomes worse continuously from the
> beginning on, or does it becomes worse by steps, every 20 minutes or so?
>
> Regards,

If I play each separately this no audio sync problem,

The problem arises at most of the stitches, though not all. I think that
just by pure luck some stitches happen at keyframes.

But what about using the concat profile and stripping out the audio and
video separately. Can I then remux them (and how?)? Should that work? (I
realize I can try this myself, but I've an old machine, running 2gb
files at  5 fps.)

Thanks.

sean