[FFmpeg-user] ProRes Quicktimes with audio not playing back reliably

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 08:51:06 CET 2012

On 26/10/12 17:57, Bob Maple wrote:
> [...]
>
> I guess the question I have is if ProRes actually encodes interlace
> differently in the bitstream, in the sense of regardless of the tagging
> being wrong or missing, are the scanlines for each field compressed and
> stored separately or are they still laid out progressively?  Such that
> would the frame come up trashed in some fashion if it was encoded with
> anatoliy (which seems not to do anything special for field handling?)
> but was otherwise marked as supposing to be interlaced?
>
> Sorry I'm not sure if I'm asking this in any sensible way.. :)

Well in my tests encoding either with anatoliy, or kostya with asking
for ildct, interlaced material preserved its interlace information in
the stream, i.e. there was no field blending of other merging of the
fields into a single frame. *However* only with kostya did the stream
flags get set to interlaced, and only with the patch did the fiel atom
get set.

Hope this is a sensible enough answer....

--
Tim