[FFmpeg-user] joining avchd files

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 03:27:25 CET 2012

On 10/28/2012 07:45 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> sean darcy <seandarcy2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> But since the sd memory card is formated in FAT32, it can only write 2gb
>> files. And it writes the 2gb files without any reference to the content,
>> such as keyframes. For instance, file 1 may have all or part of a video
>> frame, but the audio for that frame is in file 2. So if you're filming a
>> school play, you quickly get audio sync problems.
>>
>> This means that simply cat'ing files most times generates audio sync
>> issues.
>
> I don't know your problem (I suspect I could reproduce it
> with my Sony camera, but I haven't tried yet), but cat
> should be the solution.
> In what way does it generate audio sync issues? Any error
> messages?
>
> Carl Eugen

No. No error messages. But the audio becomes way out of sync. But cat
doesn't generate error messages. And then ffmpeg just sees one file.
What sort of message would you think ffmpeg would generate?

A 90 minutes school play generates about 4 MTS files. If I "cat" them.
the audio sync keeps getting worse and worse.

I'd upload these files but they are each ~2gb :-(

sean