[FFmpeg-user] encode once, send to 2 locations?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Oct 28 09:24:16 CET 2012

Le quintidi 5 brumaire, an CCXXI, Roger Pack a écrit :
> The ideal I suppose would be able to use filter_complex to send
> streams "to this or that output" but a hack would be good for now.

Currently, this would not work, since encoding (the expensive part) is done
outside the filtering process.

I believe the proper solution for that is to implement data packets
filtering, and have the encoders behave as just filters with one video or
audio input and one data output. But that is for later.

In the meantime, a tee muxer would be useful.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George