[FFmpeg-user] Trying to determine how video data is compressed and written after motion estimation has completed

Marc Elliott elliott2w1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 03:58:03 CEST 2012

Unfortunately, I have verified that the header information is sent in its
entirety before any of the actual video frames are being streamed.  I'm
assuming that the data for each frame is somehow compressed after it goes
through motion estimation but I can't find where that is taking place.
 What I'm trying to do is trace all of the function calls for each frame
after it goes through motion estimation up until the point the data is
actually transmitted.

It looks like ffmpeg is processing an entire GOP before any data is
actually written.  I just can't seem to find out how this data is
compressed.  Any pointers would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.