[FFmpeg-user] Converting .264 to .avi (audio is out of sync)

Daniel Sakuma daniel.sakuma at voicetechnology.com.br
Mon Oct 22 20:19:03 CEST 2012

I am converting a .264 with its .wav file to .avi and the duration of the
generated file is smaller than it should be. This is a problem for me
because the video is not synchronized with the audio.

I've tested several parameters (-async,-vsync, sync_file_id) and did not
notice any change in the file. For example:

avconv -r 15 -i input.264 -i input.wav -c:a copy -map 0:a -map 1:v  output.avi

Anyone have any ideas?

ps: The .264 and .wav files were extracted from a pcap file using the
program Videosnarf