[FFmpeg-user] Compiling FFmpeg on Cygwin

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:18:26 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-21 16:48, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Zeshawn Zahid <zzshawnn <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Im inexperienced. I just want to use cygwin only and don't know
>> how to compile yasm on cygwin.
>
> http://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm/releases/yasm-1.2.0-cygwin.exe

For

everyone's information: cygwin now has a package of yasm, so it is
as easy to install as any other package.

Anyway, the link Carl provided works fine too.  Put it somewhere on
the path and then rename to yasm.exe (unless you want to specify a
custom name for yasm every time you want to use it).

Plus compiling yasm is as easy as it gets:
./configure && make && make install