[FFmpeg-user] ProRes Quicktimes with audio not playing back reliably

Thomas Worth dev at rarevision.com
Thu Oct 18 13:15:02 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Tim Nicholson <nichot20 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 16/10/12 19:17, Bob Maple wrote:
>> Still trying to get this one solved.  I'd been working off-list with
>> Thomas Worth and here's what we've discovered so far.
> ISTR you previously thought it was an issue with the A/V interleave, are
> you now saying that is not the case?

Off the top of my head, I don't think the chunks are aligned even when
it's just picture. It could be that QuickTime Player doesn't have a
problem when it's video only. But, throw unaligned audio into the mix
and yep, you've got trouble.

I believe this is also the issue that triggers the Media Performance
Warning in Final Cut Pro. It only happens when it's video and audio
together. Video by itself seems to work fine.

Is Baptiste Coudurier on this list anymore? He should be well aware of
this issue and is probably the best FFmpeg developer to comment since
he has experience with both Macs and Final Cut Pro.