[FFmpeg-user] RGB-YUV color shift

George L.P. Fitz george at glpf.net
Thu Oct 18 01:03:15 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am seeing a slight color shift when using ffmpeg to encode to yuv based codecs like prores and v210 from an rgb source.  The resulting file has slightly more saturation and gamma than the original- it doesn't look way different, but there is enough of a difference to be noticed.  I'm assuming this has to do with the rgb->yuv colorspace conversion, since encoding from a yuv source to a yuv codec shows no perceivable color difference.  Has anyone run across this and if so, found a way to keep the color shift negligible?

Here's a sample command:

ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -s 1920x1080 -r 23.976 -i c3yoz4vuuy.video.raw -vcodec prores -profile 3 test.mov

Thanks for any help you can provide

-George